I’m Dane Findley, a real estate agent and quality-of-life advocate.
13 Facts about Dane Findley
- I am Editor of the popular (and free) Quality of Life Newsletter. Each issue features a specific happiness strategy to help bring one’s joy up to the next level.
- For decades I have been passionate about Pilates. I have a fully equipped pilates studio in my training facility.
- My partner David and I help those seeking to buy and sell lifestyle properties – high concept estate homes for those who live boldly and follow their dreams. We are house-matchmakers, and enjoy assisting international clients who are relocating or adding to their real estate portfolio from overseas (even as a kid I was enthralled with the idea of open-air living and dreamt about living year-round in a fair weather climate).
- I have a masters degree in counseling psychology and have over 300 health articles, videos and podcasts published online.
- I was born and raised in California.
- One rainy Saturday afternoon as a young boy, I happened to see a Tony Curtis movie on tv called The Rat Race – and it occurred to me for the first time that I was a “creative type.”
- I love people, yet I require enormous amounts of solitude in order to maintain my happy disposition.
- Part of the time I live on an off-the-grid, tropical island farm, where I shower outdoors in rain water, and my electricity comes from the sun.
- I get asked a lot of questions about freshly made green smoothies – blenders can help people at last reach that once-elusive goal of sneaking more vegetables into their daily diet. The big idea here is that accelerated aging is caused by inflammation, and inflammation can be radically diminished by making key nutritional and lifestyle improvements (to those who are signed-up for our free updates, we provide the 1-page cheat sheet “Shopping for Green Smoothie Ingredients” and the report “5 Best Green Smoothies”).
- I wiggle my toes a lot – I’m a big believer in joy.
- Among my favorite novels of all time is Another Roadside Attraction – a quirky story that reveals how to allow abundant happiness into your life even when you’re convinced you’ll never fully fit in.
- The most inspiring movie I’ve ever seen is a 1940s melodrama called Now, Voyager. It reveals a wounded person’s journey into empowerment.
- You can browse photos and details of houses currently available on the L.A. residential real estate market with our Los Angeles luxury homes search tool. You can reach me, Dane Findley, by phoning 310-345-6911.