Hawaiian living is as far from a winter experience as you can get.
- you know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and your bed is warm but the room is cold and you simply don’t want to get up?
- or when you’re taking a hot shower and you don’t want to turn off the hot water and get out because the air in the bathroom will feel too brisk?
- or when you get into your car to go to a morning appointment and the steering wheel and upholstery in the car are ice-cold?
These are normal daily occurrences during winter, except for people who enjoy life in year-round, fair-weather climates.
People who live in fair-weather communities are more active – they’re out-and-about, enjoying the fresh air, sunshine, and warm breezes. They have more opportunities to experience an improved daily quality of life.
Those who own multiple homes on different parts of the planet will invariably make certain to have at least one of their homes located in a year-round, warm-weather community.
Ocean-View Home on the Big Island of Hawaii
Double Dolphin Acres is a gated tropical estate – located in Pahoa within the Puna district on the Big Island, the largest and least populated of the Hawaiian Islands.
Ideally situated along the famous and scenic Red Road, this property rests peacefully in rain-forest sunbelt within earshot of the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean.
This immaculate and well-appointed Hawaiian property provides a main house and an additional detached residential ohana crafted in the island-plantation style of architecture in a way that emphasizes the ocean views and takes full advantage of the trade winds as they make their first landing on the Hawaiian islands.
The main house has two bedrooms, two bathrooms (one with an outdoor shower), a masterful kitchen and laundry area with top appliances and – most essential of all for any tropical home– a large, perfectly screened lanai that reveals the Pacific Ocean and enjoys its gentle breezes.
Standing nearby, the accompanying detached house is its own guest suite (that would also make an excellent gym or office) with a custom kitchenette, bathroom with shower and screened, ocean-view lanai. This 2013 structure is being used by the current owners as a gym/pilates studio and convertible guest house.
The property itself has been transformed from a tropical jungle to a Hawaiian island garden paradise and is now landscaped, gardened, fenced, leveled for mowing, walkable and beautifully maintained with dimensional moments and artful fruitscapes from every vantage point.transformed from a tropical jungle to a Hawaiian island garden paradiseClick To Tweet
The estate is serviced by a new state-of-the-art solar system with Northern Lights marine backup diesel generator, a new and robust rain water filtration system with a 10,000 gallon storage tank fed by both residences and a new solar hot-water system featuring a comfort hot-water circulation system providing on-demand hot water – all of which save what could be hundreds of dollars a month for utility costs.
All the outbuildings, including the two-car carport with two storage sheds, two bay barn with solar equipment room and stand-alone storage building are cohesively and elegantly designed by a well-regarded local architect.
We provide our FREE Quality of Life Newsletter to help you experience more daily joy and and improved life quality. Subscribe now, and you’ll instantly receive our report “Best Year of Your Life,” containing surprising strategies to help you better manage your time, energy and self-care:
The garden and crops are abundant.
Included within the bounty are cacao, coffee, miracle berry, red dragonfruit, acai, guava, pineapple, brazil cherry, clove, acerola, noni, breadfruit, durian, fig, apple, tangelo, key lime, loquat, cola nut, curry tree, cinnamon, vanilla, pomegranate, tea, asparagus, mulberry star fruit, passion fruit, blackberry, mangosteen, many vegetables, superfoods, edible greens and more.
Hawaiian Jewel in Your Real Estate Portfolio
Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on planet earth.
Among the Hawaii islands, the big agricultural island of Hawaii remains closest to its original state with wide open spaces and a low population density.
To say that the Big Island of Hawaii offers the most value for buyers is a masterpiece of understatement. It seems likely these properties will eventually all be sold and kept – but for the savvy collector, there is still time to own a high-concept lifestyle estate in paradise.
The Hawaiian living experience offers astounding nature and a high quality of life. The easternmost side of the island, known as Puna, provides some of the best air quality in the world.
Flights into Hilo International Airport are now faster and more direct than ever. That exact moment of stepping off the plane into the paradise of the tropics is thrilling – even for people who have been doing it for over 20 years.
Water, sun, tropical breezes, a slower pace of daily living and the aloha spirit – all contribute to the highly desirable Hawaiian lifestyle.
Feel the Island Aloha in this Hawaiian Dream House
- When a home has serenity and flow, it helps your brain to think better.
- In Hawaii, a lanai is more than a “patio,” it is an outdoor living space where much time is spent. Each of the two Double Dolphin Acres lanai’s haves ocean views and high-quality, clear-view micro screens (to keep mosquitos and other insects out).
- The living room provides peace, comfort, and functionality.
- Cupboards have whisper-quiet magnetic stainless steel latches covered in white plastic (won’t rust in tropical humidity) and non-adhesive shelf liner (the kind with smooth top/grip bottom).
- Few things in life are as sublime as a Hawaiian sunrise.
- Abundant natural light and refinished, solid 3/4″ hardwood floors. Country dining room table hand-crafted from reclaimed sturdy monkey pod wood – a tropical tree. You can can spread stuff out and work on projects!
- A perfectly lit workspace with jungle views and ocean views enhances productivity. House has ergonomic standing desk and an additional built-in sitting desk.
- It’s the little finishes that make a home feel welcoming (for example an installed disappearing hanging rod – to help laundry day flow better and reduce wrinkles in clothing).
- A large pantry with custom shelving evokes abundance – and makes organizing and meal-planning easier.
- Cedar closet wall lining reduces humidity and discourages tropical insects.
David Findley and Dane Findley are licensed real estate agents who specialize in helping their clients buy and sell high-concept lifestyle properties and luxury estate homes in preferable climates. The Double Dolphin Acres Hawaiian estate is available for purchase at $799,000 and available for showing by phoning David at 310-345-6911.
Live an Inspired Life
Just beyond the palm tree-flanked double stainless steel gates adorned with decorative Birds of Paradise, a 400-foot driveway winds around the knoll that obscures the Hawaiian plantation-style structures of the six acre Double Dolphin Acres farm estate from public view.
A feeling of old Hawaii is evoked at first site of the yellow main house and the adjacent guesthouse perfectly positioned and offset 50 feet to the side, both with green metal roof and cupola and an ample front lanai with ocean views. Just beyond the main house is a carport and solar barn, each designed to compliment the Hawaiian house and guesthouse design and finish.
Off-the-Grid Hawaiian Luxury
Completely off-grid, the power is provided with ease by the six thousand watts of solar-generated electricity. The water is collected pure rainwater sent from the roofs through the gutter and downspout systems to be stored in a ten thousand gallon catchment tank. The water then passes through extensive filtration systems and is heated by the sun to meet the demands of daily use.
Many Hawaiian surprises await the casual visitor on a first stroll around the lushly landscaped acreage. With an emphasis on organic permaculture, native plantings (many of which are strategically planted to benefit one another and the landscape) abound and create Hawaiian beauty and a sustainable food source for the owners and their guests. If it’s magic you’re craving, you may find Double Dolphin Acres to be tailor-made for you.